Charles Bukowski’s Top 10 Tips For Living A Kick-Ass Life
1. Don’t settle.
“I wanted the whole world or nothing.”
2. Love yourself.
“I never met another man I’d rather be. And even if that’s a delusion, it’s a lucky one.”
3. Live life to its fullest.
“What is terrible is not death but the lives people live or don’t live up until their death.”
4. Don’t fear pain, without it, you can’t experience happiness.
“You have to die a few times before you can really live.”
5. Be your own unique self and shamelessly express it in all you do.
“It’s better to do a dull thing with style than a dangerous thing without it.”
6. You’re stronger than you think.
“Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside…remembering all the times you’ve felt that way.”
7. Don’t fear death.
“I carry death in my left pocket. Sometimes I take it out and talk to it: “Hello, baby, how you doing? When you coming for me? I’ll be ready.”
8. Have confidence in yourself.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts.”
9. There are much worse things than loneliness.
“I wasn’t a misanthrope and I wasn’t a misogynist but I liked being alone. It felt good to sit alone in a small space and smoke and drink. I had always been good company for myself.”
10. Life happens, don’t always take it so seriously.
“Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink.”